Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Plum Island

Who would you cast as the various characters in Plum Island by Nelson DeMille?

I was thinking of Angelina Jolie for Beth Penrose.

Who would play Emma? She would have the sweetness of Reese Witherspoon, the innocence of Darryl Hannah. And a free spirit quality.

For John Corey, maybe someone like Al Pacino, but younger. Pacino looks like a NY cop and has personality. I didn't get a sense of how goodlooking or not John Corey was, because as the book's narrator, he was always boasting about his good looks, but he was also jealous of the CIA guy, who someone on an imdb.com forum suggested should be played by Pierce Brosnan.

As for Tobin, the owner of the winery, I think Rob Lowe would be great in that part. Another good choice would be Julian McMahon. It would be nice to cast Kyle MacLachlan as someone, but who? I'm not sure who would play the murdered scientists.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just finished readying Plum Island and had originally started off with Wild Fire. The only person that comes in my mind when I read the character of John Corey is Michel Chiklis.

coasterman said...

Keri Russel - Emma

Claire Daines - Beth Penrose

Jude Law - Tobin

Christian Bale - Corey